Tuesday, April 12, 2016

REVIEW: Paper Princess by Erin Watt


Title: Paper Princess (The Royals #1) 
Author: Erin Watt 
Synopsis: From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself. These Royals will ruin you… Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone. Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from. Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals. He might be right. Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees. .

My Review:

I was thrilled when I started reading this book but in the end I wasn´t so impressed. 

First of all, I was expecting by the title and the cover some kind of fantasy tale but that was not the case. Paper Princess is a contemporary romance where the authors play with words to make it look like a royal (pun-intended) fairy tale.

I really liked Ella, she is a survivor but romantically speaking I wasn´t that impressed. She falls almost instantly for Reed. He doesn´t even have to make an effort to try to win her over. I am more team Easton than Team Reed at the moment. I also liked that there was suspense around the story and among the Royal brothers.

I enjoyed the book itself but I was left down because it seemed to me that there was some similarities with other books that I´ve previously read. The lack of originality in that aspect and the characteristics of some characters is what has made me give this rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...