Sunday, July 19, 2015

Review: Sempre (Forever #1)


Title: Sempre (Forever#1) 
Author: J.M.Darhower 
Synopsis: Haven Antonelli and Carmine DeMarco grew up under vastly different circumstances. Haven, a second-generation slave, was isolated in the middle of the desert, her days full of hard work and terrifying abuse. Carmine, born into a wealthy Mafia family, lived a life of privilege and excess. Now, a twist of fate causes their worlds to collide. Entangled in a web of secrets and lies, they learn that while different on the surface, they have more in common than anyone would think. In a world full of chaos, where money and power rule, Haven and Carmine yearn to break free, but a string of events that began before either of them were born threatens to destroy them instead. Murder and betrayal are a way of life, and nothing comes without a price-especially not freedom. But how much will they have to sacrifice? Can they escape their pasts? And, most of all, what does it mean to be free?

My Review:
I've been wanting to read Sempre already for quite some time. Firstly I was attracted to the cover cause it shows passion and danger at the same time, which is honestly what happens inside the book. Secondly, the synopsis seemed really interesting. And lastly even though I don't usually take it into account, the goodreads rating where pretty impressive. So I have to say that I started reading Sempre with some pretty high expectations and I have to say the book really achieved them.

I liked the whole concept behind the story because it brought a new edge to the romance in the book. The whole time I was reading the book I was going back an forth wanting to know what was behind all the mystery with the Mafia and also I wanted to see the romance evolve between the 2 main characters.

In Sempre the characters are really deep that I didn't knew what was going on in their minds half of the time. Other books decide to focus just on the main character but in Sempre J.M. Dorhower also developed and showed the secondary characters as well which made it an even more reliable story.  I really liked Carmine, he is pretty messed up in the head, well more like confused and he tries to get it all out with his rude behaviour. That's it, till Haven arrives in his life and he stars realizing that there are more important things out there. Watching their love story blossom was amazing and I can't wait to read the second book in this series.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...